Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jury Duty






I had been summoned for jury duty. I was kind of excited to get out of 1 day of work. We had been brought into the court room so we could be questioned as appropriate jurors for the case. I didn't have anything to say because I didn't understand the terminology at the time. When I was asked what I do for a living I also added in that I am 24 weeks pregnant and need to go to the restroom frequently. I told them I was concerned I would interrupt things. Well it didn't matter I was chosen! I started to cry cause I was so mad but was able to stop before anyone noticed. This is my second time summons AND chosen. I got even more irritated cause the case was so stupid. It was basically a dad wronging his child with an inheritance he should have received. This fight had been going on 9 years. There was barely any money involved. It was a waste of everyone's time. It lasted 2.5 days. I was also irritated to waste my days off.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kelsy said...

I have only been called in for jury duty once. I was there for about 2 hours, then the judge (or someone) came in and told us all to leave because the person had admitted he was guilty.